Graphic Designer – Student Worker Fall 2018
Career Management Center
College of Business / Colorado State University
The Career Management Center (CMC) is seeking a creative and motivated Graphic Designer to assist the CMC Employer Relations team. All CSU students are welcome to apply, but sophomores and juniors are preferred. (Work-study or merit work-study awardees preferred but not necessary.) Flexible work hours between the hours of 8am-5pm with some evenings each semester. 10-15 hours per week; and willing to work around your schedule. The start date will be the beginning of the 2018 Fall semester, or earlier if student is available.
The Career Management Center provides a wealth of resources to guide and mentor students through the rigors of searching for career opportunities, with the ultimate goal of establishing a successful student-employer fit for each position.
- Produce original artwork and designs that enhance the CMC’s communication and marketing materials and visually strengthen efforts to reach audiences with information.
- Follow creative direction to ensure branding and messaging is effective and compliant
- Support Employer Relations team during events (mostly evenings, per the student’s class schedule)
- Occasional front desk reception including answering phone, greeting students, staff, employers, and visitors
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Word
- Ability to communicate complex ideas to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good interpersonal communication skills, works well on a team, and is very organized
- Excellent written communication/writing skills
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic
Colorado State University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history, national sex offender search and motor vehicle history.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their cover letter, resume, three references and brief answers to the following questions to Shawn Utecht (see contact information below).
1) Why are you interested in this position?
2) What previous experience or skills do you have related to collateral design?
3) Attach a work sample or portfolio for review.
Deadline to Apply
Applications must be received by: Sunday April 22, 2018 at 11:59pm.
Manager of Employer Relations
Career Management Center, College of Business
210 Rockwell West, Fort Collins, CO 80524