With the snow melting and the fresh green grass starting to blossom around our beautiful campus, spring is in the air and so are some amazing events at Colorado State University.
With an incredible networking opportunity with the Job and Internship Fair, a tear jerking Mozart performance, an open astronomy night with breath taking stars, and a fashion show that displays the ingenuity and creativity of our students, their are plenty of things to do at CSU next week.
The Just in Time Job and Internship Fair
The Just In Time Job & InternshipFair is a great opportunity to explore opportunities with employers that are hiring. Employer like Berkshire Hathaway Homestate, Madwire and Signpost are among the 50 amazing employers that will be at the event. Employers will be looking to hire students for full-time, part-time, internship, seasonal, and volunteer positions.
This event is open ONLY to students and graduates of Colorado State University – Fort Collins, CSU Online, CSU Global and CSU Pueblo. CSU ID number will be required to enter. Pre-registration Is NOT required for the Just In Time Job & Internship Fair, however if registered you will receive reminders and notifications of any changes involving the fair. Otherwise, just bring your resume and CSU ID.
- What should I bring? Is there a dress code?
- Please dress for success, bring copies of your resume and a valid student ID.
- How do I prepare for the Just In Time Fair?
- Stop by the career fair office during drop-in hours in LSC Room 120 from 10:00 am-2:00 pm, Monday-Friday for all of your prep questions prior to the fair. Also, download The Fairs App for the most up-to-date information and a list of registered employers.
- Do I need to register to attend?
- No, but it is highly recommended that you do. To do so, please go to your Handshake account and click the “Join Event” button on the left side of the event page.
Here’s the Deets:
- Date: Tuesday, April 3rd
- Time: 4:30 pm-7:00 pm
- Location: Lordy Student Ballroom Center
- Cost: Free; you will need your CSU ID number and you can pre-register for the event to get notifications about any changes or updates.
Die Zauberflöte by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
GET YOU SOME CULTURE! Actually though, if you’re checking this blog for something to do tonight, that means you don’t have anything better to do. Don’t just gloss over this event because of your preconceived judgments about operas, it looks pretty interesting. Can’t say that I’ve ever been to an opera, but after some research on this one, maybe you should take a walk on the “Mozart wild side.”
Die Zauberflöte means The Magic Flute and originally debuted in 1791 just before famous composer Emanuel Schikaneder’s death. Take look at this Youtube clip for a taste of the trippy-ness that is Mozart. (turn on closed captioning and auto-translate to get the full story.)
Here’s the Deets:
- Date+Time: Ticketed Performances: April 4, 6, 7:30 p.m., and April 8, 2 p.m. Free Performance: April 5 10 a.m.
- Location: University Center for the Arts
- Cost: No Charge/CSU students, $3/youth (under 18), $16 /senior (62+), $18/adult
Join us for incredible views of the night sky through telescopes. This tour of the night skies will include modern day knowledge and legends and lore from around the world. All ages are welcome join in the fun!
- Here’s the deets:
- Date & Time: 8 pm, April 6th
- Location: 1251 East Drive
- Cost: Freeeee
Spectrum: CSU Design and Merchandising Fashion Show
Looking for the latest and greatest fashion designs? Does your life need some spice and flare with some of the latest fashion trends? Then come take a glimpse into CSU’s underground fashion scene, with a fashion show that’s sure to take your breath away.
With design collections by CSU’s apparel and merchandising majors, you will get a taste of the underground fashion scenes latest designs. Watch them walk it, talk it, and flaunt it down Fort Collins Lincoln Center runway with outfits that make A$AP Rocky and Kanye West inspired.
Here’s the Deets:
- Date + Time: Friday April 6th, 7:30 PM
- Location: Fort Collins Lincoln Center. 417 West Magnolia,
Fort Collins, CO 80521
- Cost: $10 nosebleeds-$50 for front row seats