Things to Do CSU: October 1-7, 2018
Diversity Week: October 1-5
Women’s Volleyball Game: Friday, October 5th
1. Women’s Volleyball: CSU Vs. Airforce Academy
The CSU Volleyball team is taking on the Air Force Academy this Friday night. This in-state rivalry is a game you don’t want to miss. This season, the Rams are 11 -5, and the Falcons are 12-4. Start your weekend off by supporting your fellow Rams!
Check out the schedule if you have any questions, and to see upcoming games!
2. 18th Annual Diversity Symposium
Each event is free to attend and is not only for students, but it will also be publicly open for anyone wishing to attend.
Along with the events, there is going to be Three Full Days of Sessions! These sessions have more the 5o different topics.
The open times for these sessions are as follows:
- Tuesday, October 3: 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M.
- Wednesday, October 3: 11:30 A.M. – 1:30 P.M.
- Thursday, October 4: 9:00 A.M. – 3:00 P.M
Below are the event dates and the topic of that day’s event!
- Monday, October 1: 9 A.M.
- CSU Feminist Fight Club
- President Tony Frank, Cori Wong, & Others
- Tuesday, October 2: 11:30 A.M.
- CSU Inspire: Ignite-Style Session on Diversity and Inclusion
- Elizabeth Sink, Tom Biedscheid, Bridgette Johnson, and Vincent Basile
- Wednesday, October 3: 5:30 P.M.
- Symposium’s Keynote Address
- Cornell William Brooks
- Thursday, October 4: 9:00 A.M.
- Beyond Feathers and Fluff: Teaching About and With American Indians
- Susan Faircloth, Ph.D.
- Friday, October 5: 8:3o A.M.
- Deeper Understanding of the Civil Rights Movement in the U.S.
- Lecia Brooks
Location For All Events: Lory Student Center
If you have any questions or want to see more information about these events, please visit the Diversity Symposium Website.
Hope to see you there!